- smaller and lighter, to displace my compact Casio, yet
- enough features to challenge the K-7 in casual use (nearly all I've done lately)
- well reviewed for a 4:3 sensor
- flip screen could be easier on my aging eyes
- dirt cheap for a lightly-used model
- the 14-45 OIS lens costs more than this whole package!
So why don't I just buy more Pentax stuff with that gift card? Fact is, I'm all out of 'needs' there. I have modern lenses for 16-45, 50-200 and 55-300 plus a half-dozen manual lenses at 14, 28, 50 and intermediate zooms. I have a nice tripod and a flash sufficient for my needs, and several SD cards. Not only is that enough, it's too much - especially as I've been homebound and not able to use much of this. A smaller camera with decent IQ would provide just as much camera satisfaction and be a smaller cash drain.