- Just like that: I decided, posted and sold the DA40 in about an hour
- Also one copy of the 18-55wr is leaving soon*
- and The K-s1 white body arrived while I was packing up the lenses!
I'll be back in learning mode for a while with the new K-s1 - maybe I'll even read the manual! It's a small and solid camera, with control dial and 4-way pad crowding each other but everything else looks good (buttons are not where I expect - yet). After ten minutes the settings are where I like them, but no doubt a few new ones await my discovery. A firmware update is already out so that's up next.
It's handy that my K-r battery fits, no waiting just plug & play! Another nice update: the nearly-ubiquitous micro USB port instead of having a micro-D cable for cameras only. Well done! USB3 would have been nice but this will do fine.
- Just like that II: 18-55 is sold, and
- I picked up a 'used' FluCard for the K-s1!
* Why sell the 18-55WR? I already own a white 18-55 DAL that would almost match the K-s1 - but it has a broken mount. I found a spare online for $19, not an awful price but a black DAL lens cost $20! Easy choice = another kit zoom in the closet, a WR kit lens became available to sell and the price was right.