11 October 2017

tech burnout

How many ways can one acquire technical fatigue?

Here's a few:
  • dumping more gear and holding on to older, less-advanced models -again
  • gear chat that leads nowhere and repeats long-settled issues
  • glowing reports of gear I cannot afford taking photos of places I cannot afford to visit
  • ad-friendly web advancements like turning off mute when autoplaying junk video, and loading ads before actual site content
  • insert your gripe here
As a result of these issues and more it's time to declare a moratorium. Comments to gear threads must stop, even if I have a reasonable comment. Too often my unreasonable comments take precedent, whether silly or snarky; a waste of bandwidth and both the writer's and reader's time.

Wish me luck, I shall definitely need it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The Sigma 19mm has arrived. It's a fine lens for my use, determined after a day of tests which included a quick tour of Laurelhurst park in Portland. 

The GX7, Lumix 14 and Sigma 30 departed for evaluation and purchase. My best hope is that they overpay for the first two and send back the 30mm, so I can have a matched set of EX DN lenses!